CPAP Not Working?
When a patient cannot tolerate CPAP, they neglect to use it. Approximately 83% of CPAP patients quit or are inconsistent in their therapy.
CPAP intolerance is often caused by issues outside of your control:
- Seasonal allergies or ongoing congestion
- Nasal, sinus, or upper palate issues (such as a deviated septum)
- Skin irritation on face
- Nasal irritation, dryness, or bleeding
- Claustrophobia or sensation of suffocation
- Respiratory infections
- Abdominal bloating and gas
- Machine disturbs sleep (or partner’s sleep)
If you are looking to an alternative to CPAP, oral appliances offer a convenient solution.
The Benefits of Oral Appliances
- Customized for you
- No noise from machines or in-mask breathing
- Easy to clean
- Small and portable
- Convenient for travel
- No electricity required
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Reduce or prevent bruxism (grinding)
- No hoses to get tangled in during sleep
- No mask to cause skin irritations
- No feelings of claustrophobia